Design concrete is hugely important in the concrete industry. It involves mixing exact quantities of aggregates, cementitious materials and admixtures to develop a mix that meets a specific need or specification.
Design concrete comes in a variety of types, including:
- C10 – Similar uses to C7, with a slightly higher cement content
- C15 – Popular for those looking to install concrete pathways or blinding for steel
- C20 – Commonly used for domestic projects, this medium strength mix can be used on patio paving, house extensions and wall foundations
- C25 – An incredibly versatile mix, this type is used for drainage, trench filling, housing foundations and more
- C30 – This mix can be used for a wide variety of domestic and commercial construction tasks – including foundations, garages, concrete shed bases and more
- C35 – Regularly used for projects such as internal paving for heavy use, reinforced bases, agricultural building construction and reinforced concrete walls
- C40 – One of the strongest design concrete mixes, C40 is used for concrete walls, paving, HGV parking, septic tank foundations and more
- C50 – a specialist high performance / high strength concrete known for its durability. This concrete is typically used when placing concrete in harsh conditions where high levels of abrasion or strong chemicals are present.
At Stewart Brothers Concrete, we supply and deliver quality design concrete to commercial and domestic clients across Ashford, Kent and the surrounding areas. Our hugely experienced team can discuss your specific requirements with you, before supplying you with a product that suits your needs. Plus, our fleet of vehicles can even transport it directly to your location at a suitable time. Contact Stewart Brothers Concrete to find out more.